One of my favorite explanations of gratitude is:
gratitude is acknowledging the goodness in our lives.
YES! Gratitude helps us tune into what is already present in our lives. It has been shown to improve our health, build resilience and help us build strong relationships.
This time of year many people make a concerted effort to show gratitude and love to the people who are enabling and inspiring their lives.
If you are feeling called to express your gratitude, I want to offer you six ideas on how you can show appreciation.
- Review a business or service that you love – is there a local or small business that you love? A positive Google, Yelp or FB review can mean the world to a small business, especially now.
- Review a person on LinkedIn – think of how delighted you’d be if a former boss, coworker or partner reviewed gave you a positive review (without asking). Now, who have you worked with that is great at their job? Be a champion and channel that gratitude into a review.
- Send a handwritten card or letter – Call me old-school but there is something really special about a hand-written letter.
- Practice a loving-kindness meditation – this practice is a wonderful way to BE loving and hold someone dear in your heart. (And it’s free!)
- Give an unexpected “just because” gift – it doesn’t have to be big or expensive to be meaningful. Who is in your world that might appreciate being surprised with an acknowledgement or treat?
- Journal your gratitudes – grab your journal and dedicate your writing to all the people, experiences, places, things, etc. that make your life rich and meaningful.
There are many ways to be grateful, these are just a few of my favorites. I’d love to hear from you: how do you plan to show appreciation and gratitude for the people in your life? Hit reply and let me know!
And now I’d like to show you how much I appreciate YOU: I have opened up five spots for my free discovery coaching sessions in November and I still have three spots available.
This is not a sales call. Rather, this is a full 1-hour coaching call given with love by me. This coaching is offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
(Please book a slot only if you are confident you can make the time.) I look forward to connecting with you!
Thank you for being a part of my corner of the world. I understand what a privilege it is to do work you love for people you love and I am grateful for you.
“Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.”– Amy Collette